Are you looking for a spectacular (but budget-friendly) destination for your team to gather in winter? Look no further than Old Town Scottsdale, Arizona.
This November, we organized an Arizona day out for ABC Fitness. We wanted to make it a heart-warming and energizing experience. After going through dozens of options, we landed on the perfect itinerary. Now, we are sharing it with you.
- 2 - 3 p.m. - Scavenger hunt
- 3 - 5 p.m. - Candlemaking workshop
- 5 - 7 p.m. - Dinner
- 7 - 11 p.m. - Optional activities, e.g. live music at a local saloon
Scottsdale is famous for its mix of Western history. We’ve designed a light scavenger hunt that will take your team to old and modern landmarks, all located within a short walking distance. They’ll take team photos and make fun videos along the way.
We’ve prepared a Scottsdale scavenger hunt map. Get it here for free!
ABC Fitness stopped at a local ice cream shop for the final stop of their scavenger hunt. Follow their idea and finish your scavenger hunt at a local store or taco place to refuel the team for their next adventure.
After running around the town, your team is ready to relax. ABC Fitness took their team to a candle making studio. Imagine the most fragrant and luxurious candle you’ve ever seen. This is the candle you’ll make at a Spaciously candlemaking experience in Scottsdale.
We’ve partnered with a local women-owned shop that looks more like a perfume bar. The owners guide you through the entire experience, which has received raving reviews from people of all ages and backgrounds.
Everyone walks away with a candle, labeled with their company’s logo. You are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks to the studio.
Evenings are warm in Scottsdale, and outdoors dinners are a joy. Don’t want any surprises? Pick a restaurant with a great vibe. ABC Fitness went for cozy vibes and hearty food at a local restaurant. Their menus were branded with the company’s logo, which added cohesion to their team social.
Most restaurants make you get a group reservation if your group is larger than 6. It takes a few days to get group pricing and menus from each place. We found that restaurants answer faster if you send them an email and give them a call as heads-up.
Book this itinerary package with Spaciously for $250 per person. The package includes activities, dinner and professional photography.
Tight budget? We’ll help you create a Scottsdale or Phoenix itinerary on a budget (starting at $70 per person). Email us at email@example.com
Feeling more artsy? More outdoorsy?
Here’s a sample of other Spaciously activities in Scottsdale:
- Hot air balloon rides and sunset dinner (starts at $240 per person)
- Dinner at the Botanical Garden (starts at $70 per person)
- Self-guided Camelback Mountain Hike and dinner (starts at $70 per person)
- Basketry workshop and taco sampling tour (starts at $120 per person)
Things to do on your own
- Live music (country, soul) at Rusty Spur Saloon
- Walk along the canal
- Desert Botanical Garden
- Camelback Mountain Hike
- More public events in Scottsdale
Places to stay
There are plenty of hotels in Scottsdale but they sell out weeks in advance. So book early!
When all hotels seem to have been booked, don’t panic yet. There are two places that require some work to book (we can help!) but are usually available.
- The two-bed, two-bath king suites at Hyatt Place Scottsdale (can be shared by 2 people)
- Sonder the Monarch (more like a tech-enabled motel)
Driving and parking
Street parking in Scottsdale is free but is limited to a few hours. To avoid having to repark, use the free Civic Center Parking Garage.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airtport is a 15-minute ride away.
Why we recommend this itinerary for an Arizona offsite
- Everything is walkable so people can join and leave at different times
- Budget-friendly and can be modified
- All activities are branded to your company
- Lots of activities to enjoy on your own
- Easy-to-get plane tickets and close to the airport